I know, I know. You're probably sick of hearing it...but I miss Japan. I miss Japan so much, it hurts. I'm nearly in tears right now just sitting here thinking about it.
I have a couple friends that are over there this school year teaching English through the JET program. One of them is really great about sending out mass emails of his adventures and experiences teaching in one of the most rural of rural areas of Japan. Of course, I just received yet another update and now here I am. Missing it all over again. (Honestly, at times I find myself frustrated with his analysis of the different cultural aspects, but then he makes valid points too, so I keep on reading. Also, maybe I'm just frustrated with the fact that he's been there less than a year and has already been so immersed in the culture that he knows all that he does...jealousy.)
Anyways, I started writing this entry around 4pm today, and now it's 1:30am. I'm sure I had high hopes of making it a little more interesting when I began. But now it's late. And I'm tired.
I guess all I wanted to do was write, because that's what makes me feel better. It's a little bit of a release. Normally I just spill my guts to Erika in an email, but I feel like it's been too long since I've written an entry here. (Sorry that it's not as lengthy as others have been in the past.)
My heart is longing to be in Japan...and I know I'll be there some day soon. I know I'm meant to get over there again for a year or two. Not forever. And not now. But soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment