Friday, March 6, 2009

Cold.

Hmm, I had a feeling this would happen...

I have a cold.

Almost, without fail, right after I'm SUPER stressed, and I finally get past it, my immune system takes a break, and I get sick. I've already gone through an entire box of tissues in one day! I'm sneezing like crazy...so much that I've got tears in my eyes. I'm sure it doesn't help that it's finally WARM outside! (I'm definitely not complaining about that!) I just hope I get over this cold soon so I can really enjoy my spring break!

I'm headed to Little Rock to see my awesome Japanese grandma. Then on Wednesday, I'm flying from Little Rock to Orlando to see Erika! Then Sunday I'll fly back to Indy from Florida. It's going to be a great break! Yay! Except, according to weather.com, it's supposed to rain everyday that I'm in Little Rock. So much for running hills in my grandma's neighborhood. At least it'll be warm. Ooo running in warm rain, I'll have to think about that one. :)

Oh, and tomorrow is Shanise and Josh's wedding! I'm so excited! Most of the other SLCs are going to be there too, so I'm even more excited! It'll be so much fun, I'm sure! Yay!

(Sneeze break)

And we're back. Jeez, that's annoying.
Ok, well it's almost time for me to go on duty for closing. I've got to close out the dorm tonight for break...super. Shouldn't be too bad. :) That just means I get to come back on duty at 8pm on the Sunday after break instead of 3:30! :)

Oh yeah, fun little thing from today. It was 6:00am when I was woken up by a knock at my door. I was the only SLC on call over night last night on 3rd floor, so this student came to me. One of the teachers here at school was in labor and this student had special permission to go to the hospital with her and her family. There were two other SLCs lined up to take her if this ever happened, but BOTH were off this morning. So I got to drive her out. I didn't mind, obviously...it's my job. And I was able to fall asleep within a half hour after I got back. But it's just a funny story. Plus, I was in the middle of a weird dream and the door-knocking was in the dream, even though I was in the jungle or something. It was strange.

Ok! The end. :)

1 comment: