April 7-12, 2009 - CHARLESTON! :)
Tuesday the 7th, I headed home, saw Josiah a bit :), and then Amber picked me up at 3:00pm. We drove to Nashville (which really isn't on the way) and stayed with Amber's grandma. She's the cutest thing in the entire world! She made us a spaghetti dinner and even bought some tiramisu from Publix. :) Then we just hung out and watched tv and the news. Then I showered and we went to bed, ready for the long drive the next day.
Wednesday the 8th, we got up early and left for Charleston! Amber made a great playlist with 515 songs for the entire trip! (Sunday we were only at song number 250 or so...but it was a great mix.) We had a good time catching up on stories and gossip and all that. It was fun. :) Then we arrived at Jenny's house and she made dinner for us. We ate, hung out, watched a movie, and then got to bed not too late.
Thursday the 9th, we got up, got ready and headed to Magnolia Plantation. It's seriously about 5 miles from Jenny's apartment...just down the road! It was beautiful! There were random peacocks just
Friday the 10th, we slept in and hung out a bit in the house...then around 11:30ish, we made some sandwiches and headed to Sullivan Island beach! It was COLD at that beach! The sand was pretty wet, and Amber and I only had towels, not chairs like Jenny and her roommate Shannon. We tanned for a while and then did some cartwheels and drew things in the sand. It was fun. Yay! When we got home, we all showered and got ready to go out to downtown Charleston for a bit of shopping and dinner. (And I had thought I didn't get any sun. It really didn't look like it then even, but later that night, when I was getting ready for bed, my chest had gotten SO BURNT! Ow ow ow!) Downtown was SO CUTE! It's like Holland, but bigger...but not too big! There's lots of shops and great restaurants. And the College of Charleston is downtown too! SO AWESOME! I'd love to go to a school in that city!! It's seriously gorgeous. Plus it's on the water, which I always love! Yay! So we went to J. Crew for Shannon...I just stood stunned at the prices! (One of those hair claw things...you know, the small ones that people will hold half of their hair back with...$15.00!!! Ridiculous!) Then we headed to dinner on
Saturday the 11th, we decided to go to the beach again! We went to a different beach though, Folly Beach, and it was MUCH warmer! It was so nice. :) And I got burned on my back that day. Oops. It's not as bad as my chest though. We packed sandwiches again, and we left a bit earlier so we'd have time to get back and do other things in the evening. The only bad thing about the beach was that even though it was warm and the sand was dry, it was really windy so Amber and I got covered in sand. But it was still sooo nice under the sun. And I took a walk along the beach and found a great shell...it's one of those that you can hear the ocean in, ya know? I left it with Jenny though. I knew I'd get rid of it if I brought it back home.
Sunday the 12th, we all got up at 7:00 and Amber and I were on the road by 8:00am. The weather was great all day for the drive and the scenery was GORGEOUS! We drove back up through Knoxville and it was an even better view than driving down to Nashville and over. :) Amber and I had lots of laughs and sang pretty much the entire time at the top of our lungs! It was great. And Amber, the rockstar she is, drove the entire way! I offered to drive whenever she needed, but she kept saying she was fine! She drove about 11 hours just on Sunday!! Crazy. When I got home, I hung out with my parents for about 30 minutes. I gave them their presents and then took some Easter leftovers/random food in the kitchen (rosemary potatoes that my mom made for dinner, half a box of pasta, and a tomato) and headed back to Muncie. I spent the night unpacking and doing laundry. Lovely!
Hope you enjoyed reading my whole life, Lizzy B. :)
I love love love the fact that you include details like "we made some sandwiches"! Your nephew's little nose is so cute and it doesn't surprise me at all that he calmed down and was at peace with you :). Lastly, can I just say how much I love the fact that you ordered an Italian Chicken Dish at a Crab restaurant? I love you Claudia!
ReplyDelete