(To preface, for the past couple of days I've been trying to jump into an all-vegan diet. I got inspired reading Alicia Silverstone's blog thekindlife.com which is a branch off of her book The Kind Diet. I ordered the book, which has yet to arrive, but decided to start veganizing my life anyway.)
Quitting. I’m going to just be a vegan “flirt” as they say. I think I’ll still benefit from adding in more veggies and fruit and taking out more meat, eggs, and dairy...but I think I’m going to stick to being vegetarian. I’m okay without meat for sure! Especially now that I’m able to figure out beans better. (Except my white beans were still too hard to turn into bean dip, so they were a waste. Sadness...) But I don’t like fake mayo. And I don’t know how I’m going to stomach fake meat and cheese (if I ever do...). I want to just return this stuff I bought at Whole Foods yesterday, but it’ll be a week now until I can get back to whole foods. I spent a lot of money though. Damn it. :(
I’m hungry tonight. I ate cereal with hazelnut milk (it’s okay, kinda watery), an apple, bread with fake mayo (no good), and earlier for lunch I had some leftover curry with noodles. I’m hungry now still... I was going to go to meijer and get more fruit and veggies, but now I’m getting tired and feeling lazy and hungry...no energy. I think I’ll make pasta or else a mini pizza with some cheese, yes, cheese. NoI don’t like the way milk cows are treated, but again, that’s certain dairies, not all of them. I can live without meat. I can LIVE without cheese and eggs, but I love cooking and I love eating and I love the fact that I have a super sensitive palate. It’s unique about me, and something I’m actually very proud of.
So I’m saying thanks, but no thanks to veganism. I understand the health principles and know what the potential health benefits could be, but I’m not ready to commit. Maybe one day, but that will be the day that I give up my hopes of learning to cook from Italian grandmothers.
At least you tried something new and different. Most of us just read and wonder, but you actually experimented. And you learned more about yourself along the way...putting the jigsaw puzzle of "Claudia" together.
ReplyDelete