Okay, so this weekend was really not so great as far as eating goes. I try my best to read labels, avoid ingredients I can't pronounce, try my best to eat good quality meat, eggs, and dairy (if any), keep away from high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavors, and any preservatives. This means that I most often don't eat out and try my best to cook my own food from scratch as much as possible. Well, this weekend, hm, I don't remember what Friday looked like, but it wasn't good. Saturday lunch was pasta from dining (marinara and alfredo...if you can call it alfredo. Matt calls it gravy...). Then dinner was Chinese take out. Oh, and rootbeer floats with the staff right before bed. Today wasn't much better...pretty much worse actually with a lot of fried food for dinner. Awesome. Sooo, I pretty much hit all of those things I avoid. Seriously, you can check them all off the list.
So, in the spirit of getting back on track, feeling refreshed and light again, and cooking more again, I'm going to plan out my meals for tomorrow. I know I'll snack between, so I'll try to account for that too. I stumbled upon this site with a long list of superfoods. I was happy to see that I have a good number of these items in my kitchen already! Check it out! It's worth it to stock up now. :)
Well, that's enough for now. I've been avoiding work enough today, so I better get to it before the night is over.
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment