Ahh...the quiet of the morning.
It's actually kinda creepy really.
I went to bed at about 1:30am, couldn't fall asleep, but was probably asleep by 2:15am or so. I had to wake up at 5:45am to cover the desk or our night guard who needed to leave early. No problem. I actually woke up pretty easily minus the fact that my eyes were red and watery from sleep still.
And now I'm at the desk, sipping on water and counting down to 7:30am when the desk worker arrives. (I get to go back to bed then for about 3 hours.) But it's a little creepy down at the desk at this time of morning. Normally there are kids here and there, playing games in the lounge or on their way to their next class or a meal. This morning, I've heard phantom footsteps, the printer printed something that someone had to of sent from somewhere (but NO SLCs are up right now...), I keep hearing what I think is a hallway door opening and closing but no one walks into the lounge. It just makes me a bit jumpy.
But I'm liking not having all of the usual distractions at the desk. I've gotten to catch up on this blog (see, I'm writing now!) and catch up on others', leaving a few comments here and there. I like writing, but I've been out of the habit for far too long. I'm glad to be getting back into the routine of this stress relief.
Like I said yesterday (or early this morning really), today is Winter Dance! [Shoot gotta shave my legs. Ugh.] Once I get those extra 3 hours of sleep I'll be more excited for the day I think... For now, I'm just a little hungry and fairly tired.
Enough for now. :)
yay for shaving legs! lol love it.
ReplyDelete