Saturday, January 29, 2011

The new beginning.

A very delayed hello to anyone and everyone that ever read my blog (and didn't delete me since I haven't updated since 2009...)!

I've been wanting to jump back into blogging for a few months now, and finally today is the day! My friend Jodi (Hey hey! Shout out!) organized a Biggest Loser Home Competition for some of her family and friends to participate in. And that includes me! Today is the first day of the challenge. We sent in our starting weights and every Friday until around the beginning of June we'll send out our weight, Jodi will calculate our percentage of weight loss, and then at the end of the competition the winner will receive the registration money (it was a measly $10 to register). I'm excited! And I'm glad it gave me an excuse to blog again. I hope to not only blog about how my weight loss journey is going, but to also blog about life again...like old times. :)

[Plus, I revamped my blog page and it's oh so much prettier now! It's a bit more motivation to come visit the site everyday.]

Today, I got up late (didn't have to work until 8pm instead of 4pm, love it.) did my weigh in, ate some delicious oatmeal with agave, cinnamon, and prunes. Lunch was homemade veggie chili over brown rice with some cheddar cheese and greek yogurt (instead of sour cream). Dinner was a homemade Thai green curry soup...SO GOOD! The curry soup was inspired by a similar soup I had at a local Thai restaurant. I had the green curry paste and a can of lite coconut milk...so I thought I'd give it a whirl. So glad I did! I had some leftover meat from some steamed dumplings I made last week, so I used that, some onions (white and green), and lots of fresh ginger in the soup too! I'm excited to have the leftovers tomorrow!

Of course, I didn't work out today. Matt (my boyfriend) and I started INSANITY in the middle of winter break. We got a little over 3 weeks into it, but after work started back up it only took us a week to be too exhausted from the ridiculous 2nd shift schedule to get up early to workout each morning anymore. We've been out of the routine for about 2 or 3 weeks now. Definitely will need to start that program out from the beginning, or else the 2nd week, again. I do want to start scheduling in a workout routine, even if it's back to jumping rope for 10 minutes when I get up. I'm going to make it a priority to move everyday.

This weekend is an everybody works weekend (aka a weekend when the whole staff is on duty), because tomorrow (technically today) is WINTER DANCE! Woo! It's fun and exciting for the kids, but a lot of hustle and bustle for staff. Tomorrow night should be fun though, seeing all the students dressed up and enjoying time with their friends. I hope it will be fun for staff too.

Well, I'd better head to bed since our night security guard is leaving early and I get to cover his shift from 6-7:30am. Wahoo!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment